Monday, September 1, 2008

Graciee's Big Decision...


When Mandy told me that Graciee was going to be joining us for the Jeremy Camp concert...I'll admit that I was a little disappointed. Not to sound harsh...but there are times when a husband just wants to get away and spend a night with his wife...away from the kido's. Little did I know, what the night would bring. As we made our way to the eatery for a healthy serving of hamburger's and funnel cake, I said a prayer that God would bring a good turn-out to the token christian fair concert. I set my expectations low...in that past concerts have not been heavily attended. After filling our bellies, we entered the concert area...and wow! The turn-out was better than I would have ever imagined. The concert was a hoot! Jeremy Camp even got my mother-in-law jumping up and down in the stands! But the best was yet to come. We left the concert and headed home...Graciee was downstairs with Mandy discussing "life" on the couch. Mandy yelled upstairs to have me come and join them. As I sat down by the two girls in my life...Mandy asked Graciee to fill me in on their discussion. Graciee proceeded to tell me that she wanted to ask Jesus into her life. I was floored. I asked her the basic questions to dig into her understanding of what she was saying...only to be floored again. She answered my questions better than I could have! After the joy...I felt guilt. I had not given Graciee all the credit that she deserved...just when I felt like she didn't get it...God pulled her in! I felt guilt that I held my expectations for the concert in terms of attendance and not souls saved.
It took an eight year old to put my life back into perspective...and for that I am eternally grateful.

1 comment:

The Robinson Gang said...

Oh boy was I jumping!!! You should see me dance when I'm by myself!! Love Your Mother-In-Law